Web & Digital Design
Optimizing Your Corporate Website
In today’s digital world, your website may be the most effective lead generating tool your company needs.
Once a website climbs the search results rankings, you have to be wary of what people will see and perceive from your website. Studies show what consumers see online initially shapes their opinion of a company and business which can influence the decision-making process of potential clients. At least 75% of users admit to making judgments about a company’s credibility based on their website’s design. Additionally, 67% of consumers are even influenced by what they read on online reviews from websites.
Online consumers are more likely to purchase from a website that looks trust-worthy, friendly, and interactive rather than a boring, plain, and impersonal website. They are looking for something relatable online beyond a mere catalog of products and services.
Website visitors also prefer those who present the information that quickly answers their questions. Accessibility is another factor that company owners and website developers should give importance to when designing their online business collateral. Easy navigation is critical for consumers who are not familiar with the website, or for those who are in a rush in finding what they are looking for.
Experts believe that inferred and tangible information obtained by prospects and existing customers through a website should be considered the cornerstone of your brand as well as the centerpiece of your larger modern marketing ecosystem. Your website should be a place where your captive audience has the opportunity to communicate with you and other customers of your brand, get to know your business deeper, take a peek at your company’s culture and maybe most importantly share their success story to every audience you may have.
If your website meets these criteria, the more you will be able to push your visitors to interact with your company further, and take the next step in the marketing cycle, i.e., purchase a product, avail a service, or opt-in to receive regular content from your website. This is true for both B2C and B2B websites as audiences online know when a brand or a company is trustworthy through the content their website.
To utilize your website to its full potential, your objectives and goals for it should be clear. A high converting website must tailor to your company and your business.You can ask yourself or your team the following questions:
· How much of my traffic is mobile and is your site accommodating that traffic accordingly?
· What are the specific goals we want to achieve from with the website? Do you want to generate leads? Gather and opt-in to receive more info? Or is your website’s main goal is to increase sales in general?
· How does our offline brand and culture get communicated through the website? Visually? Video Text content?
· What about search engines? How do you plan to incorporate SEO? How do you plan to maximize the use of Social Media?
· Do you currently have a content strategy? What type of contents are you planning to put on your website? What is the overall voice and tone of these contents?
· Who is our perfect prospect or prospects?
Given the advanced platforms utilized today, most businesses don't need a website just to have an online presence. Websites are important for companies because it is one way of being more accessible for their customers. With the help of good website design, business owners can maximize their platform and reach out to more people for the long run.